Wi-tribe, Amman’s new Wimax ISP, who were the subject of a previous post on 360east, called me today. They read the post, found my number and called. I am happy they read blogs..
I got tentative answers for my coverage questions. Dabouq is covered. Wadi Saqra Street and 3rd Circle: not yet. They cover western Amman to the 4th Circle. More coverage is coming in a few months.
I was more interested in a Wimax connection for my office in lower Wadi Saqra. My Orange ADSL line is enough at home.
I wish someone started offering 4 or 6 Mbit connections with bigger download caps. Jordan Telecom announced that wholesale internet bandwidth will be reduced fro 15%-52% in August. This should translate into 20% reductions for consumers.
Jordan is seriously falling behind when it comes to internet connectivity. As I always say: speeds have to go up and prices down.
Let’s hope that new players like Wi-tribe can help accelerate internet adoption in Jordan and drive the prices down.
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Wi-tribe network Amman’s air, but don’t answer the phone
- It’s Zain: Saying goodbye to the Fastlink brand..
- Zain Jordan answers: your line will stop being screwed up by NOVEMBER!!!
- Technology, love and marriage
- Wondering how the Prophet might have responded to the cartoons..
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service