I found Amstel Zero bottles in the fridge of a local supermarket tonight. It’s the first time I see this product. I am a big fan of non-alcoholic malt beverages so I wanted to try it out.
Very, VERY disappointing. It tastes flat. Too sweet. It smells as if they added rose water to it!
It sort of reminds me of of another horrible non alcoholic beer: the Jordanian Vita.
Amstel Zero is made in Egypt. I looked at the ingredients: apart from water and malt, it has sugar, lactic acid and “natural flavorings” in it.
I also looked at a bottle of Swiss made Moussy, and I also found sugar on the ingredients list, but also ginger.
My favorite remains Barbican.
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Survey: Are Arabs ‘Pyjama People’?
- MixUp Arabia episode 7 | Oct 12, 2005 | The Ramadan Cast
- Why is the net so slow today?
- Is anyone else in Jordan experiencing slowness in accessing Google?
- Is the Nokia E61 any good?
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service