Just received this announcement from a loyal 360east reader (hi Dina!) about a competition by the Cannes Lions Advertising Festival that will take the winner to attend this prestigious ad event and compete in the Young Lions Film Competition.
MAKE AN ADI am too old to apply and not an advertising guy anyway. But I’d love to see some Jordanian talent make it to Cannes..
At midnight on 15 May (GMT), YouTube will release a brief on
www.youtube.com/canneslions for a 60-second ad for a major charity. Anyone
born after 27 June 1980 can submit an ad to this channel until midnight, 17
May. The more creative the better!
SPREAD THE WORD
Making the video is just half the job. Entrants will have two weeks to drive
as many people to their YouTube video as possible. Embed it, blog about it,
tweet it – whatever it takes.
GO TO CANNES
At the end of those two weeks, our panel of judges will award two prizes to
two video entries (one entrant per video). The prize? An all-expenses paid
trip to Cannes to take part in the Young Lions Film Competition as Team
So mark the date.
Read these related posts on 360east:
- ALERT: Creative Commons CEO lecture in Amman next Wednesday
- SYNTAX: creativity is messy and our studio proves it!
- Frayed Ends: Amazing animation short, made in Jordan
- Careers: Quit that advertising job and do something better with your management skills!
- Announcing the ‘Amman Bus Map Design’ voluntary project
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service