The BBC’s Matt Frei, in New Orleans, says conditions in the convention centre, where up to 20,000 people are stranded, are the most wretched he has seen anywhere, including crises in the Third World.
Can anyone believe what is happening??
When nature strikes, there is no denying that human beings can’t do much about it. But the the relief efforts seem so.. miserable. And this is the US! What is really sad is that the affluent whites managed to escape while the poor blacks were left behind. This is what’s so screwed up about America. This unbelievable divide. No doubt this will have political implications on Bush. And it will totally re-open the global warming discussion.
Deepest sympathies to those in the areas affected..
Read these related posts on 360east:
- A public moral stance against the Islamic Action Front deputies is needed
- Web freedom in Jordan shouldn’t be sacrificed because of a bunch of sleazy rumor spreaders
- Airport blues: Fatal ‘crashes’ and new terminals
- Jordan’s government, religious authorities and media fall for the Genpets HOAX!!
- Who is killing Amman’s oaks?
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service