Got this interesting comment from reader William on my recent GPS article.
So, why not lead an online campaign to get people to input the gps readouts of various sites and landmarks in Amman? Do it as a wikipedia-like effort.
This sounds like a great idea. A community effort to help map out Amman by GPS. Don’t wait for the goverment or big buiness. Do it yourself!
It would be great if:
1. Someone out there with wiki experience could set up a wiki for this.
2. If someone knows of similar GPS wikis to learn from.
3. Someone tell us how GPS users can then ‘use’ the data collected.
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Al Ghad tech editor responds..
- Is the Nokia E61 any good?
- The French will demolish the airport (let’s hope they fix it before that!)
- Amman the FFilm: a font, a city, and a piece of my life..
- Shifting gears in Jordan.. Let’s talk entrepreneurship!
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service