Dubai is clearly trying to inject some ‘culture’ into its mix of business, shopping and leisure. Good! But of course, this being a Dubai project, it needs to have some ‘gimmick’ aspect to it. The building will be shaped like an open book. Hmmm.
Dubai Municipality to construct new premises for Dubai Central Library in Al Mamzar | Dubai Municipality
Dubai Municipality to construct new premises for Dubai Central Library in Al Mamzar
Dubai Municipality is currently finalising designs for a new premises for the Dubai Central Library that will come as a boon to book-lovers in the city and give a major boost to the cultural scenario of the emirate.
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Found in a bathroom of a Lebanese restaurant in Dubai
- Suddenly, public transport is ‘cool’ for Arabs. Thank you Dubai.
- Folksonomy: classify the world the way you want
- More interesting Arab design events: Kitabat in Dubai
- Al Manakh: Surveying the Gulf’s contemporary urbanism
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service