Today, I stumbled upon a post by tech pundit Om Malik (of the Business 2.0 fame) in which he lists his top 10 favorite Mac apps.
I found a true gem: Ecto.
GigaOM : » 10MacApps :This application will make my blogging so much more efficient. I will not attempt a review here and instead I encourage you to go and download the trial version (good for 20 days, with a reasonable 18$ price tag after that). Its also available for that ‘other’ operating system
Ecto, still the best blogging client in the world and well worth the $18 dollar price.
I already am using the Ecto to write this post.
The most important features that I discovered so far are:
- Ability to import photos from my iPhoto library and resize them/optimize their quality/upload them from one place. This will totally change my blogging workflow to something better. I can now even insert images directly in my posts from screen grabs..
- Proper spell checking (up till now I’ve been writing my long posts in Word or Apple Mail).
- Very good integration with WordPress via xmlprc API, including support of categories.
- It stores local versions of my posts.
- Easy text formatting with the choice to work in html mode too.
- Easy insertion of URLs (with brilliant right-click feature allowing to create a url out of selected text using a url in the clipboard)
- Supports multiple blogs.
- Word count (yippee)
- ‘Ectoize’ bookmarklet for quick reblogging.
- Ability to add attachments (important for podcasting I guess).
I will definitely buy Ecto soon.
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Testing Ecto
- SYNTAX: creativity is messy and our studio proves it!
- Invitation: Adel Iskandar talk on “blogging arabia” this Thursday
- Brilliant Hajjaj cartoon about the current water pollution crisis
- Done searching the web? Now search your own PC!
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service