I use Apple’s time server at time.euro.apple.com to set the time of my Mac. The other day I noticed that the clock on my machine is running an hour too early. All Apple’s time servers are giving the wrong time for Amman, Jordan. I think this might have to do with the fact that we are still on Summer time. Around this time last year we had already normal time.
It’s 12:19 as I write this but as you can see my computer clock is 11:19.
My colleague Jad, who uses ubuntu Linux has the same problem. I don’t know which time server he was using. The wrong clock caused him to miss two meetings a few days ago.
Are people on Windows also affected. This sucks.. It’s also causing problems with my blogging software, which is posting articles one hour into the future causing them not to appear online immediately, if I set my machine’s time manually.
Does anyone out there know how we can get this fixed?
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Apple’s video servers overloaded by demand for Jobs’ presentation
- Good speed on my 2 Megabit Orange internet connection!
- Who is responsible for Jordan’s horrible internet latency?
- Jordan Post: We’re recording this call while we insult your intelligence
- Something is WRONG with Google!
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service