I’ve had an excellent response from many people regarding the Amman Bus Map project. Many have shown an interest to volunteer and other have offered information and advice.
I hope we can convene a kick of meeting for the project sometime next week.
My friend Qais in Dubai, who just came back from a tour of Japan, was kind enough to bring us with him a copy of the Kyoto bus map. You can download 2 PDFs from that link to understand what I’m talking about. It seems to be an excellent example of a color-coded bus line map that is non geographic but that alludes to geographic and sightseeing spots.
The nice thing about this particular example (and the fact that we have a paper copy) is that here its small enough to be folded and put in the pocket, yet it full of information. I am sure we will learn a lot from it and similar projects.
If you know of other good example, post some links in the comments.
Hope to see the team next week..
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Salt: Jordan’s forgotten urban jewel
- Hariri, Dahabi to reveal 7-10 Billion dollar project in Aqaba!
- Amman the FFilm: a font, a city, and a piece of my life..
- Tom Postma and Archis magazine in the heart of old Amman
- The newest from the Skype inventors: What is the Venice Project?
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service