“What’s a cup worth when you’ve won 80 million hearts?” (photo source Focus.de)
That’s how Germany is celebrating it’s win of the 3rd place of the world cup. The wave of public euphoria just went on tonight. On German TV, a studio guest said “the 3rd place is being celebrated as if the first place is worth nothing!”
An amazing party was erupted with the team in the stadium after the medals were given. Oliver Kahn said goodbye to international football (and to the soon-to-retire Luis Figo as well).
The German president, in a TV interview, said that the world cup has shed new light on the friendly and welcoming side of Germany for the world to see. He talked about the positive sense of patriotism that was sweeping the nation and how the German flag was raised without making a political or nationalistic statement out of it.
And everyone wants Klinsmann to continue as trainer..
I’ll leave at that..
Read these related posts on 360east:
- Apple’s Europe/Middle East pricing policy STINKS
- Yazan Malakha’s hillarious (but wrong) Jordan Planet popularity contest :)
- This world-cup was much more than football for Germany
- Why are flat screen TVs so expensive in Jordan?
- ‘Hearts of Light’, a man without identity and more ATV programs now on Ikbis
Bookmark this post on your favorite bookmarking service